Pages

Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Observation- self-confidence

Monday
February 16,2015
The museum of Natural History
Time-around 3:30pm
Gender -boy
Age- 3.4 months

Are leaders born ? or are they created during the infant/toddler years?
We are walking in the area of the museum where the mineral rocks are . There are three older boys playing on the rail . Ajani stop and looks at the. I am holding his hand . Nana let my hand go can I talk to them? Why I asked . I wanna talk. I let his hand go . He walked over to the boys . The young one stop to listen. "Don't play on that you will fall and hurt your self that is not the park". The boy looking in Ajani's eyes  said I will fall from the top and giggled .It is not funny Ajani said to the boy . There were three adults sitting " you hear what the baby said it is not a park stop doing that ". We all began to laugh. The boys paused jumping on the tail.

Clearly this toddler has self-confidence and  is  learning  rules. He is also learning  adaptive social behavior. He  is clearly   able to take make up his own mind by choosing not to join the boys. These are just a few of my thoughts. What are your thoughts?
You may not see this behavior as being important but it is  As this child develops those skills are need.
Are you allow your toddler to develop her leadership skills? It is needed before peer pressure steps in.




No comments:

Post a Comment