Pages

Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2014

The ability to walk - up and down stairs

Observation
December 10,2014
Time :9:30am
Gender -African American boy
Age three yrs and 10weeks


 Today it was pouring and we had to take the train. Ajani woke up and did not want to eat breakfast . I told him that we will take it to grandma(baby sitter) who is 85yrs old. I told him that it is raining and he needs to were his rain coat and his rain boots. He began running under the table and giggling each time I went to get him he ran to the other side  sticks his tongue out and began saying na-na-na.
I final was able to grab him "you caught me, he said with a big smile". I put his rain coat on and start zipping it and allowed him to zip the rest of it "NaNa I did it", good job. I helped him with his boots.


We headed for the subway . I held his right hand as we walked down the stairs. He is able to walk down the stairs with one foot in front of the other with out tripping. When we got to our stop he was able to walk up the stairs with one foot in front of the next . He was able to balance as he went up and down the stairs.


This is a skill that young children need before they get to pre-school. This is called gross motor skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment