Pages

Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

Is your baby prepared for learning?

You have been working with your baby since you brought her home by getting her ready for school. She is now two years old and   should be able to focus, sit for a few minutes ,is able to play with you and independently, is able to list to music and sing along and follow directions among other things.

She begins to notice things more,  you can now introduce her to her favorite letter. You only need to show it to her once and then add it to her play items. Today (9-15-13) I introduced Ajani to the letter  T  . It is written on a piece of material .I said to him Ajani look at this it is the letter "T" I then gave him the piece of material. Ajani took the letter he laid on his back and began staring at it and touching it as he said :t t t t-t   I observed him as he studied the letter. I continued with my choirs as he was left to continue his learning. Learning is fun and exciting at this age and there is no pressure because young children are like sponges .

No comments:

Post a Comment