Pages

Translate

Saturday, January 3, 2015

What is your favorite toy?

I wasn't sure what to title this post. A few days ago I was reflecting on a visit we took to the Brooklyn Children's Museum over the summer.

We participated in a mask making workshop. The instructor asked, "what is your favorite toy?"
I wondered if Ajani would be able to answer that question since I've never asked him that before. Luckily, he was the last toddler to answer the question. He was able to give an answer simply because he heard everyone else (he had the opportunity to experience the question).

I realized I titled the blog this way to give you something to think about.

Every step of the way you should give him language by asking him questions. Teaching him to develop his thoughts. The answers may be 1 or 2 words and that is ok as it should be. It is up to you to put the answer in a complete sentence; you are developing language and building vocabulary.

Be well

Share the blog

Like Us on Facebook Kindergarten-Success
Follow us on Twitter @kindersuccess
Powered by Sabree Education Services

No comments:

Post a Comment