Pages

Translate

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Taking things what does not belongs to you

Observation
January 9,2015
 Time-3.20 pm
Age 3 yrs 18 mos
 Today I had a meeting  and Ajani was with me .  The host asked me if he can give the toddler a candy. I told him yes.At the end of the meeting the toddler took up the container of candy and attempted to put it in his knap-sack.
I explained to him that  the candy does not belong to him and he cannot take it. He began to cry "I want it he says".
It is important that you guide infants/toddlers toward socially acceptable behaviors .You are helping to wire their brains for school and life. And keep in mind that the toddler is very impulsive because the last section of the brain ,the cerebral cortex will not be fully developed until mid 20s.
 If you are not in tune with your toddler you will miss these opportunities to guide.

I will share this with you from: For Our Babies by Ronald Lally:
With all this knowledge it is now evident that much of what gets in the way of successful functioning in later years can be linked back to missed lessons , under developed skills,and detrimental experiences that shaped early development of the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment