Pages

Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

Speaking with your baby-The First 2000 Days

I remember a few months ago I visited  a friend and my grand son was with me. He was 11 months old  and I was speaking with him and the friend said " you are talking to him like he is five years old". I explained to her that infants/toddlers develop language by hearing it. They store the information and when it it time for them to speak they have it to use. They need to hear the sounds,patterns and pronunciation  in order for them to learn language. Before children speak they need to do pre-speech (making sounds) before words are formed. When they begin to speak and they are not able to say the word clearly you must repeat the word each time they say it wrong. Have them took at you and you say the word slowly for them and you must continue to do that until they are able to say the word correctly.Once she says it correctly you celebrate " wow Sharon you said it" make a big deal . Once she gets it that's it. You both have reached a developmental mile stone. You can now move to other things. Each step  of  language development is a process. You must be in tune .

No comments:

Post a Comment