Pages

Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Being In Tune

On August 21,2014     Time: 8:30 am
I was making breakfast and Ajani was playing in the living room alone. I heard him crying . Ajani what is wrong ? I asked from the kitchen . He was struggling to explain. I walked to the living room and he is laying on the floor with his two legs in one foot of his shorts. I  di not laugh because toddlers do not like when you laugh at them. I asked him if I can take a picture sure he said.

This action indicates that he is ready for a new transition . He is ready to learn how to get himself dress. I helped him remove his legs from the shorts and slowly showed him how to put his pants on.
As a caregiver it is very important that you are in tune with your infant/toddler and read their cues. This will allow  you to help your infant/toddler along the developmental line.
 

We will see how  much time it will take him to make this transition. Being able to dress yourself is another  in the developmental process. It builds self esteem/self confidence and allow children to feel competent.
coming soon our parent community list serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment