Pages

Translate

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Language Development -during the first three years

It is very important for your toddler to begin to understand language and begin to make the connection with word and actions/meanings. Toddlers are funny  usually when or if  Ajani finish drinking the amount of juice that in his cup . He would hold the cup toward me and not say anything . I would ask him would you like the rest because he knows that there is more in the container.Recently when he his finish his drink he began to hold the cup out and say "  I want the rest".I realized that I had to begin to introduce a new vocabulary . I began saying would you like some more Ajani? It has been a few weeks and he has added   that new word in his vocabulary.He now says "Nana I want more".  We will now begin to expend his language by introducing more vocabulary "Nana may I have more please". I  began this process and will give him time to process  and add  the new words to his vocabulary .
Language development and the ability to express your needs verbally is critical to the reading process. It is very important that you are in tune with your baby . It is also very important for you to read and gain an array of knowledge that will help you to get your baby to the different developmental mile stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment