Pages

Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2013

You are your child's first teacher

The other day I was walking down the street with my son and I saw a family walking ( mother, father and 3 children). One of the kids probably 9 years old almost knocked me and my son down. I started to say something to the child, "be careful" the father looked at me as if I cursed at his son.

I said to the father, "If you don't say something to him he will not learn." the father said, "did he hurt you" (the father watched the entire incident occur). I said he almost did, but if you don't say something to him he will never learn.

Parents keep in mind that you are your child's first teacher. Even as a toddler you explain in simple words why they shouldn't or should do something as time goes on they will understand more an more. Don't just say,"don't do that" let them know why they should not do it.

Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment