Pages

Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Negociating skills

It is very important to teach your infant/toddler how to negociate . When children are not talking they cry for things  because they are not able to express their need  with words. You ave to be  able to read their cues or their sign language. Sometimes you know whar they want but they are not able to have it. This is when you need to negociate. My grand son usually trie to take up my phone and when I remove it he begins to cry. I explain to him that he cannot play with my phone because it is not a toy. There is an old cell phone that we have . I usually give that one to him and explains that he can play with that phone. Sometimes he throws it on the floor. I allow him to calm down and I would pretent to answer the phone " hello do you want to speak with Ajani he is  here". I hand him the phone and he place a big smile on his face  and began playing. I did not focus on his unacceptable behavior.With time he will understand that my personal phone is not a toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment