Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pretend Play

Ajani calls me over . I went . "wanna be puppy he  asked?" yes . I got on my knees and began to bark . "sit he said pointing at me "  I did. He began to rub my head :good boy he said as he continues to pet me. Want water? he looked around he saw his potty  . He put it in front of my . Drink puppy he said.

Pretend play is part of Adaptive social behavior and usually occurs between 18 to 36 months.

Many times you hear or read about social skills. The above is an example of 1 type of social skill.

So the next time your toddler wants you to participate in pretend play embrace it because you are helping them meet another developmental milestone.


Follow us on Twitter @KinderSuccess
Like us on Facebook KindergartenSuccess

No comments:

Post a Comment