Pages

Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Negotiation

Ajani has several education videos that he loves to watch including Racket (Little Einstien) . Yesterday he  asked for racket . This is  how he request it . He sits on the couch with the TV remote then points to the TV with the remote the he says "Ma TV Racket" or if he wants to see Barney on the farm . Then one of us will say  Ajani would you like to watch Racket ? he will nod his head yes.  Yesterday I was not able to find Racket . I explained to him that I was not able to find Racket . I kept showing him several DVS  while I asked :do you want to watch this one? he says no with frustration. 

Then I asked do you want macaroni and cheese I showed him the box.  He said yes but not understanding that it has to be cooked. He began to cry and  saying macaroni . I explained to him that I have to cook it first . After a while he stopped crying . I called him to the kitchen and let him watch as I poured the contents in the pot. "cook he said ". I said yes it needs to be cooked.
He went back to play and is not fussing about Racket any more. When the food  was finish  I asked him if he would like to watch Barney on the farm while he eat. He said yes. He is able to self regulate ,manage his emotions and calm him self  down within a short time. This is a  social emotional skill that one needs for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment