Pages

Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

building self-esteem

1/16/14  Observation
Ajani was playing with his blocks. I was in the kitchen . Ma, Ma, he yelled . Yes I am coming . I went to the living room :"look Ma a T" he yelled pointing to the two blocks that he used to make the letter T." Give me a high five I told him as I held out my hand. "He  gave me a five with a resounding Yes I did it".

We introduced the letter T last week by making it with  two blocks and them with construction paper and glue that he helped to make. he is now able to identify the letter T . We will be doing the letter I this week.it is best to make the straight letters first because your infant will be able to use toys to recreate them. You only need to introduce items once to your toddler and then leave it where they can have access. They will continue to practice. Young children learn through repetition, repeating the same experience. This is how they develop competence and self-esteem plus they learn that learning is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment