Pages

Translate

Friday, June 26, 2015

Tranisition

Observation Thursday June 25th
3years and 9 months
African America boy
Time 8:05
 I am sitting at the table and I heard a small voice said"I need my tooth brush". What are you going to do his mom asked ?  I am going to brush my teeth. He rushed to the bathroom as if he was in a  hurry to pee. A few minutes later his mother said "come look at this and bring the camera". I ended my worked that I was focused on and went to look.
I stood in the door way  quietly . He went and took his tooth brush from the rack,took  his tooth paste and put a little on the brush. He turn on the water and place the brush with the tooth paste under the running water."Ok you are going to wash off the toothpaste!" No! I want to make it bigger !. After reasoning with him he turned off the water and began brushing his teeth.

This is a major transition because just last week it was a big fight when it comes time to brush his teeth. He work up and decided that he was reading to make this transition.We celebrated and he had a big smile on his face. This make him feel competent ,builds self-esteem among other skills that are needed for school and like.

No comments:

Post a Comment