Pages

Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Observation

On Tuesday March 4th  Reeshemah and I were walking on 124st . It was about  30degrees. As we walked we noticed a young man came out of a car with a young child in his had. He walked out in the street as he hailed a cab. The light was red and I  got close to the man with the child in his hand. The child had on no shoes, no jacket and her close was summery .
The man was fully dressed for the weather.  It appeared that he just got inside the apartment and  something happened .Reeshema said to him "step out the street and I will get you a cab. He came back to the side walk. The light is now green. I called him over " young man can I talk with you for a moment?" I asked . He resisted "man it is ok" . I am calling you because you could be my son ,I said. He then came close to me. What happened that you have your baby outside with no clothes on . Mam her fucking mother she is always arguing with me and I am tired of it. He was also cursing while he was trying to get a cab. Cursing is not good for the baby. Do you realize that some one can call ACS if the see you  with this baby outside like this? I live right there pointing to a building about in the block. I think that you need to go up stairs and get some clothes on the baby and then you take her. Ok I will. He turned and began walking.
Toxic Stress
This baby was about 3yrs old. This environment is very toxic for  brain development. This young brain is learning that  I solve problems by cursing and then running away. Both these adults have not been taught problem solving skills . Lack of these skills will turn to violence the guy is frustrated and the child's mom may continue arguing with him the next thing that will happen he will begin hitting her.
These behaviors are learned during the infant/toddler years and if an adult is not available to do intentional teaching the idea of lashing out will stay with you. Once the brain is exposed to an experience it does not forget it. Each time something happen the brain remembers that this is how I reacted the last time.
Do you think this baby will be able to concentrate if she goes to her daycare or baby sitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment