Pages

Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Social skills - The power of language

Yesterday I was at the children museum and it was very crowded. We were having fun until  we decided to enter the infant/toddler section. A parent was standing by the entrance with has daughter that looked like 3 years old. As we approached the  door he said to hid child" move out of the way so other people can pass". They  culturally different . I said to him  . Sir it is not appropriate for you to speak in that manner you could have said "move out of the way so the lady can pass" because you are teaching your young child to see people who are culturally different "as other people". "you are right mam you know I did not think of it like that and I will be careful". I think that we have to help each other  without .... parenting today is more challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment