Pages

Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Preparing your baby for school

Self control is need for school . You should teach your baby how to end an activity without crying. Bath time is a good time for this skill to be taught. At time my grandson does not want to end his bathe because babies love to play in the water. If I attempt ot take him out of the tub and he begins to cry I will let him stay for a while. I will also explain to him that he can stay for 10 more minutes and then we will say by to the tub. That has worked.  He has learned not to throw a tantrum when he  has to transition from an activity. If he is playing and he has to clean up  we will explain to him that in a few minuted we will need to clean up.
These skills are need for school. I have seem many children who cannot transition well. These skills must be taught during the infant/toddler years and as children grow they will become more competent in the ability to control themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment