Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Are you raising a mama's boy

There are times I watch mothers interact with their sons and daughters and I see they treat the son very different from their daughter. Yes your son will one day become a man; however many mothers love their sons and raise their daughters.

The other day I met a lovely woman who has a son.  I asked her, "are you creating a momma's boy?" she responded, I think so. She began to tell me she took him to a party and he didn't want to play with the other children, he clung to her.

I responded, "that's not being a mamma's boy it's socialization. You should try to take him to other places so he can interact with other children. I also told her that socialization is very important especially when the baby starts school and into adulthood.  Many times our children have challenges dealing with different people and different environments as they get older especially in college because as a baby and young child they were not exposed to different environments.  For example, taking your baby/toddler to a children's party is great but what about the museum, the park, child friendly events.  Taking them to these different places allows them to opportunity to have different experiences and begin to learn how to social and know that different places and situations calls for different behavior.

Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment