Pages

Translate

Friday, November 27, 2015

Time out is out -has been out - giving language to deal with conflicts

My grand son came home a few times and told me that his teacher gave him time out  one day I asked the teacher why he was given time out "he took the ball from a student and kicked it hard over the fence  he was very aggressive".
I first pointed out that the child just turned 4 yrs   and that behavior is a normal behavior because he is impulsive  .He gave the child time out  and that  I do not know how that explained the expected behavior . I also explained that he should redirect the child  instead of giving time out  plus he is using code words like aggressive  I explained to him that children take on the character of certain and that  his behavior was not appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment