Pages

Translate

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Helping your toddler to be ready for pre-kay

A few weeks ago I met this couple and their three year old. The child was sucking a pacifier . I told the mom that the child's speech cam be delayed as a result of it. The father said that he keeps telling her but she does not listen. I asked if they read to the child "they both said the baby sitter does"  I asked do you have books at home for the child "No". The parents are not young the father had a full head of gray hair and the mother may be in her late thirties. I mention this because it is often said "those young parents".
Here is another child that will be needing services that could have been avoided. It is very important that families have access to parent education when they are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment