Pages

Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Patience is a virture--potty

Good day,

I hope you are having a wonderful week. What new and wonderful things is your infant/toddler doing?

The end of January I decided to get my son a potty, at 15 months old. I purchased it not to rush his potty training but to let him get used to the potty. I would have him sit on the potty with his clothes on and then I would remove his clothes and keep his pamper on.

Then one day he went by the bathroom (the door stays closed) and he banged on the door. I opened the door for him and he sat on his potty.

A few days ago when he woke up I took him immediately to sit on the potty, pulled off the pamper and he peed in the potty... yeah.

Patience is a virtue, there have been moments when I don't leave him on the potty long enough... But this particular day he sat long enough (which really wasn't too long) it's a process.

Just remember when the time comes to start potty training first introduce your baby to the potty so they get comfortable sitting on it.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment