Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Making decisions

My grandson has some leggos in a small container that his mom takes  with him when he goes out. It is in a container with a zipper. This morning (1/23/13) he took up the container and tried to unzip it but he was not able to because the zipper is too small for him to grip. He brought it ove to me and indicated that he wants me to open it.  I did and he went to sit and began playing. When he was finish he began to put then back into th container.It is very important  that your infant/toddler  is given opportunities to make decisions. This is a skill that is needed for life.
I will add a circle from a key ring to the end of the zipper. This will allow him to  unzip  the containe when he decides that he wants to play with it. He needs to be able to feel a sense of  independence. This will allow him to feel competent and helps  begin  building the roots of his self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment