Pages

Translate

Monday, September 5, 2016

Showing off -normal development

It is normal for your four year old to show off when you are in public yes they like to embarass you . Recently I was our with a frind and her four year old was letting her have it . She would ask him to not touch an item and he touched it more  she walked over to get him and he began runnung around the store. She asked him to stop running and he began faces and run faster . My friend was frustrated. I sugested that she should say "ok I am leaveing and walked toward the exit " she did and he began to say "no mommy don't leave me ".  She continue walking them he ran to  catch up with us.

My friend was reminding me that she has  given him so many experiences and he is acting as if he has never gone anywhere. This is her firstt child and she is learning that some behaviors are a part of developmental stages and parents must  not over react to certain behaviors instead guide the young child to socially acceptable behaviors.young children are impulsive therefore the act our what they are thinking  because they have not yet developed the ability to adapt to different spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment