Pages

Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

First 2000 days--Brain development: Interaction

Last week I went to a doctor with my 1year old grandson . As I waited I observed most of the parents with their infants and there was little interaction. Many parents were on their phone while their infants stare into space. My daughter usually takes a book or an interactive toy that is developmentally appropriate for the baby. Your baby's brain develops the most during birth to age three and should be engaged at all times.This week we will discuss brain development. All babies are born equal (knowing nothing) however , what you do or do not do makes a big difference in how the brain will develop.Your baby's brain size is 25% and by age five it is 90% in growth. These years are very critical in shaping the foundation for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment